Echoes of the Night | Read Horror stories at night for free




 In the eerie embrace of midnight, I found myself ensnared within the clutches of a haunting dream. The moon hung low, casting its pallid glow upon a landscape shrouded in shadows. With each step I took, the ground beneath me seemed to quiver, as if trembling in fear of what lurked within the darkness.

The air was thick with a sense of foreboding, and a chill crept down my spine like icy fingers. Yet, despite the overwhelming sense of dread that consumed me, I pressed forward, driven by an unknown force compelling me deeper into the abyss.

As I ventured further into the night, the silence was shattered by the sound of whispers, faint and indistinct, yet chilling to the bone. It was as though the very darkness itself was alive, whispering secrets that were not meant to be heard by mortal ears.

Suddenly, I found myself standing before a decrepit mansion, its walls crumbling and ivy snaking its way around its ancient facade. A sense of unease washed over me as I hesitated at the threshold, unsure of what awaited me within.

With a trembling hand, I pushed open the creaking door and stepped into the darkness beyond. The air inside was heavy with the scent of decay, and every step echoed through the empty halls like a mournful lament.

I wandered aimlessly through the labyrinthine corridors, each one seemingly identical to the last. But as I turned a corner, I stumbled upon a sight that froze the blood in my veins.

There, standing before me, was a figure cloaked in shadow, its eyes gleaming with malevolent intent. It spoke not a word, yet its presence filled me with a terror beyond comprehension.

Unable to tear my gaze away, I watched in horror as the figure began to advance towards me, its movements slow and deliberate. With each step it took, the whispers grew louder, swirling around me like a sinister symphony.

Desperate to escape the nightmare that had ensnared me, I turned and fled, the sound of my own heartbeat pounding in my ears. But no matter how fast I ran, the darkness pursued me, its icy grip tightening with every passing moment.

Just as I felt myself on the brink of despair, I awoke with a start, drenched in a cold sweat and gasping for air. The echoes of the night lingered in my mind, haunting me long after the dawn had broken, a reminder of the horrors that lurk within the depths of our own subconscious.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Ads